12.30 pm Wednesday 23rd June 2010
Meeting held at
148 Edmund Street
Caroline Mosley, Caroline Covington, Diane Harris, Helen Dunn, Alison Parker, Louise Young, Rachel Relves, Matthew Cadden, Stephen Wheeler, Jackie Sellars, Barry Vickery, Adele Champkin, Jasmin Hollingum, Sue Kendall, Christine Lambert, Tricia Wyspianska, Pat Pritchard, Susanne Homer, Sally Hassell & Phil Uttley
Margaret Brittin, Jon Beaumont, Christine Newlove, Aine Astbury, Caroline Janukowicz, David Houston, Erica Foster, Mandy Hulme, Denise Watkins & Mike Troon
2. Round table discussion (it may not be possible to cover all subjects listed)
- Enquiries - what type of enquiries are received, how are they received and, where applicable, how are enquiries from other UK offices dealt with? What issues have been encountered and what trends have been detected?
- Measuring library usage – what systems, if any, are used?
- Cost recovery – is this done? Does it work? What are the issues?
- Lexis v WestLaw – are both needed?
- Fee v free sources – is using free resources for research working?
3. Next meeting – Sweet & Maxwell will be in attendance – location required
- Report back from Conference (Jasmin)
- BLS library at Aston University (Adele)
- ALLICE Union list (Phil)